Yes, I am still waiting....
I've been passing my time by focusing on making sure I eat as much ethnic and/or classic Chicago food prior to my departure. I'm focused on ethnic because I'm just not sure if things like chips and salsa or tandori chicken will be easy to find in Shanghai. Some of the Chicago classics I have saught out include Giordanno's Deep Dish Pizza and Chicago-style hot dogs.
On Sunday this quest continued. I heading out with a group of friends for a good-bye dinner. We headed to Cafe Iberico which features spanish tappas (read: very yummy)! It was great being able to catch up with everyone. Although I think I talked a few of their ears off....It tends to happen when the drinks start flowing.
So today I passed some time by treating myself to a pedicure. I figure that one must have cute toes when going to Shanghai. Plus, I've been advised not to get them in China. According to my company's travel health consultant the requirements for sterilization of salon tools are not the same as here.
I have started to pack. Its helping my to be optimistic about my visa. I mean if my bags are packed can the Chinese government really reject my application - again? Well the bags aren't really packed. Its more like I have a series of piles running across my living room. Each pile represents a specific category like the following: Work Pants, Work Shorts, Gym Clothes, Casual Clothes. I haven't created a pile of shoes as Rick is working the night shift and I'd hate to trip him up when he gets in later tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment