I finally was able to unpack today. I checked into the Grand Mercure – my home for the next six months. The accommodations are nice enough. I am in a one bedroom suite on the 27th floor of an “extended stay” hotel. I’ll include pictures in a future posting.
There area a few things lacking in my suite. A bathtub in the bathroom would have been nice. Also, the “kitchenette” leaves A LOT to be desired. It consists of a minibar fridge, microwave, and what I think is the equalivilant of a hot plate. However, I can’t get it to turn on. I’m too tired to deal with it tonight so will call the front desk tomorrow.
Also, I need to buy a few more hangers. I already supplemented the standard hotel supply with a few packs that I got at Carefour earlier today. I evidently didn’t get enough. I think this weekend I’ll be spending a bit of money at the mega market.
I have a feeling that after a good night of sleep my perspective on my set-up will improve dramatically. I’ve just been a bit off today.
I also know that my morning routine will be back to normal as I splurged on a French press and two coffee mugs from Starbucks. I tried to find them in a few local shops but couldn’t find what I wanted – or anything close to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank god for Starbucks and other Western brands (and conveniences) to make you feel more at home. :-)
I hope you'll be able to get something more than a hot plate into your room. Otherwise, I see a lot of eating out in your future.
Is your room set up like an apartment (with separate bedroom, living room, etc..) or is it set up loft-style, like your apartment in Chicago?
hey did u get help lugging your 10 500 lb bags to ur new place
Post a Comment