I’ve also found that my fridge is impossibly small. I experienced the challenges of a small refrigerator in college (and even in Russia). The one I have here is even more challenging because it is even smaller than the one I had then. Think the size of a picnic cooler and you are on the right track. I look at it and all I can thing is “Abracadabra – supersize.” Despite my attempts at magic it never gets any bigger.
With this size of fridge making any type of meal is going to be challenging. I am already finding it hard to keep fresh produce around. I have resigned to eating a lot of fruit. I also am going to give vegetable juice a try. I opted for something called “vegetable nectar” today at the store. It evidently is a blend of veggies and fruit. I couldn’t find any V8 which is okay as I can’t stand tomato juice. I also picked up some over priced canned vegetables ($2 per can).
I’m posting a few pictures of my apartment. It is set up in a fashion like apartments back home. Meaning there are separate living and sleeping areas.
There are still a few more things I need to purchase for my new pad. One is a drying rack. Like many European countries China evidently doesn’t utilize drying machines. I did a small load this weekend and now have every surface in my bathroom littered with clothes trying to dry. I’d also like to find picture frames for the pics I brought of Cori and Cooper. Right now they are resting by the TV.
I have other family pictures up but I brought them over in frames. I have already had an interesting experience with my pictures. When a housekeeper was in my room she asked “Husband?” and “Yours?” Try explaining to a housekeeper that knows little English that “No, those aren’t my kids they are my niece and nephew,” and “No, that’s my boyfriend not my husband.” I think she finally got what I was saying --- I hope.
4 comments:
I wish I was there to help you make it feel like home. I miss u tons.
your place looks cozy. send me your mailing address when you get a chance.
Nice Place!
just enlarged the pictures nice placement of our pictures but i did not see one in the bedroom picture:(
Post a Comment