Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Visa !?!

Yep that's right folks I am in the process of getting another visa.

My Chinese visa requires I leave the country every 30 days. Its been proposed that on my first trip out of the country that I should head to Chennai, India.

Well, guess what? .....you need a visa to get into India. Gotta love it.

The admin in our office will be submitting my application (including photos, forms, passport and $275) to the Consulate Generals office for India here in Shanghai within the next few days. I hope everything goes through without issue.

If I don't get my visa the next option will be to travel to Hong Kong for a day. Basically, I will need to take one step past the customs area in Hong Kong. At that point I can turn right around to come back. This works as there is no condition on how long I have to be out of the country. So Hong Kong is an easy "Plan B."

I'm really hoping it works out to head to India. My fingers are crossed.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

SO jealous right now. So incredibly jealous. You're going to have the best 6 months in Asia. You're a walking example out of the book "The World Is Flat." (great read, if you have the chance.)