Thursday, July 31, 2008

It’s an iPod world

Last night I joined the iPod craze. I actually opted to purchase a legitimate iPod versus a knockoff. If I run into issues I want the some peace of mind of knowing that it is backed by Apple. I purchased my iPod at Best Buy here in Shanghai. Even while in Shanghai I try to support MN companies J Trust me if Target was here I’d be doing the same.

The Best Buy is located in area that I think is the Times Square of Shanghai. Like Times Square in New York it is a hub of activity, multiple street intersect as well there is a large subway station right under the intersection. To cross this massive expanse of interesting roads you either have to go down into the subway station or use a series of elevated walkways or BOTH! To put it in perspective the subway station has FOURTEEN different exit points.

While I was in this area it truly felt like over a million people had easily passed by me. I don’t mind city living, but this area is a bit too busy for me.

Before I could leave this area I had plans to have dinner. I met up with two Expats – Ed (from my office) and Sunil (an employee with IR – Bobcat’s former parent Co). We headed to an Italian restaurant. I had pasta for the first time since arriving in Shanghai. I ate it ALL! I’m not sure if I ate it because it was really good, or because it reminded me of home and some of my favorite comfort foods.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

the world is flat! best buy in shanghai!

do you find that shopping in familiar environments (i.e. most best buys have the same layout - like target) makes you feel a little more at home? I know at the beginning of my freshman year, I LOVED going to target, if only because the target was the only environment that was the same both in chicago and mn.

Sean said...

Welcome to the iBorg.