Monday, July 21, 2008

Hong Kong: 3 Days, 2 Nights

Due to the type of Chinese Visa I have I am required to leave China every 30 days. Crazy to think but the 30 day mark is not that far away. I just booked my first trip out of Shanghai. On August 2 I’ll be flying to Hong Kong for a long weekend.

I’ve already started to search online for things I should do. I’m planning to at least take a tour of the harbour at night and likely will jump on a bus tour for half a day.

I’m excited for this adventure but it’d be great if I had someone traveling with me.

2 comments:

kris said...

Sounds like quite the adventure you have going. Let me know if you want me to reach out for some Target expats. You won't be able to shop the store, but maybe they could wear red and khaki so you feel at home!

Tim said...

There are three or four things I would do in Hong Kong. The Peak Tram is a funicular railway and you can go either during the day or night. There is a great overlook area to view the harbor and Kowloon. At the top is a shopping center as well. Remember to get cash as the don't take credit cards. I would also visit the Big Buddha. It is the biggest seated Buddha. Grab a ferry from Central Pier 6. Next go to Stanley Market for some great bargains. If you want to be truly adventerous take a ferry to Macau for either some gambling or sight seeing. I can email my friend and perhaps they could join you for a drink.