Monday, September 15, 2008

Suggestions please!?! Put your thinking cap on!


As I go on with day-to-day life in Shanghai, I have started making plans for the future. I am very excited about one activity that is in the works.

Next summer marks the 20th anniversary of my mom’s death and in honor of her memory I am signing up for the 2009 Breast Cancer Three Day. I’m not doing it alone though. Four other people have signed up to be part of a team. They will join me in the Twin Cities from various locations (MN, CA, MI) Team members include:

Kris: My big sister, I mean come on if the youngest in the family is doing it, the oldest has to join
Leann: Kris’ college roommate
Katie: My friend from college and the fraternity
Pat: My neighbor in China

If anyone reading wants to join there is still plenty of time to join the fun.

Special Note: If my brother is reading this I have to say I think you need to sign up! I mean come on you can’t let your sister show you up!

For those who aren’t wanting to walk there is a way you can help out. No I’m not asking for donations (yet). I am asking you to put on your thinking caps. When our group registers for the event we want to use a funny/inspiring/creative team name. So take a few minutes and think of some ideas. Send ANYTHING you come up with to me. Trust me all suggestions are welcome.

For a bit of inspiration; I’m including a small sampling of team names I have seen used in prior years.

Dudes for Boobs
Save the TaTas
Jelly Belly Girls
Walking for TaTas
Mom’s girls

You can expect us to be wearing t-shirt/athletic gear featuring our team name during the event.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

we must think alike. i've asked my friends over here to help me come up with fun team names, too.

i have one request for when we create our team t-shirts. i REALLY want to use quick-dry t-shirts. i can't work out in/get sweaty in cotton t-shirts because they totally chafe. :-)

kris said...

We need some creative names everyone! ...and I agree with that we can't let chafing get in the way of the efforts.

Beside walking in memory of my mom, I just learned last night, I will be walking for my sister-in- law, Tami, who just learned she has breast cancer (at the way too young age of 36.) Keep her in your prayers!

Erika said...

Oh my gosh -- I can't believe the news you shared. Tami is not only young herself but has young children.

I agree with the wicking t-shirts. Likely more expensive but comfort is key...and heck, my family already knows I have expensive taste.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

just so everbody who reads this blog knows I am now in and raising money for theis event. I will either be behijnd or in front of my girelfriend, and will be asking for space in other peoples tents. Just kidding I will have my own tent. No shirts lets walk topless