The salesman at the fabric booth quickly called in the tailor from another location. The tailor pinned up my pants, correcting for the errors. In one week’s time I will be able to pick them up. I wound up ordering another pair in the same style but a different color as I’ll have to return to pick up the first pair so I figure I'll make efficient use of my time.
I joke with friends that my family must be descendents of Vikings. I claim that my proof comes from my broad shoulders (and blue eyes). I always struggle to find fitted shirts that can work for my shoulders while not making the rest of torso appear to be wearing a burlap sack! Since the tailor was alread dealing with my pants I figured I’d hand him another challenge by asking him to make me a fitted button down shirt. I want to test their abilities with a shirt before I request any type of jacket.
If had encountered issues like these in the US I’d probably have gotten really frustrated, but I’m trying to keep it all in perspective. For less than $30 I am getting custom made wool pants; for that type of deal I can handle having to go to a few fittings.
As my neighbor was getting his pants pinned up (he also had problems) I wandered into the fabric booth next door. I wound up requesting a short Asian style dress. I really have no idea how it’ll look or turn out, but what the heck for $50 I can risk it.
The picture below is similar to what I am having made. The only difference is that mine will have short sleeves.
I joke with friends that my family must be descendents of Vikings. I claim that my proof comes from my broad shoulders (and blue eyes). I always struggle to find fitted shirts that can work for my shoulders while not making the rest of torso appear to be wearing a burlap sack! Since the tailor was alread dealing with my pants I figured I’d hand him another challenge by asking him to make me a fitted button down shirt. I want to test their abilities with a shirt before I request any type of jacket.
If had encountered issues like these in the US I’d probably have gotten really frustrated, but I’m trying to keep it all in perspective. For less than $30 I am getting custom made wool pants; for that type of deal I can handle having to go to a few fittings.
As my neighbor was getting his pants pinned up (he also had problems) I wandered into the fabric booth next door. I wound up requesting a short Asian style dress. I really have no idea how it’ll look or turn out, but what the heck for $50 I can risk it.
The picture below is similar to what I am having made. The only difference is that mine will have short sleeves.

1 comment:
Oooh - I love that dress! Make sure to post a picture of what it looks like when it's finished.
$30 for a pair of fitted wool trousers? wool trousers run about $78-$98 at Banana Republic - so you're getting a heck of a deal. very cool.
Post a Comment