Sunday, September 28, 2008

Christmas in Shanghai

Yesterday felt like Christmas. I arrived at my office (yes, we had to work on Sunday) and found that a package from Rick had arrived. I knew what he was sending me but still it put a smile on my face. His package included a few pairs of jeans, a couple books and A LOT of magazines. I was most excited about the jeans as many of my pants are now to big for me.

A few hours later I got a call from our receptionist saying that another courier had arrived. I was happily surprised to see that the return address was from my friend Katie Flinn. I waited to open her package until I got home. Katie had sent me a bunch of home-made cards and a framed picture of “the girls” from her wedding in late June. The picture is proudly on display in my living room.

No comments: