Today I traveled to WuJiang for a medical exam. It is a requirement for my work permit application. I’ll admit I was extremely nervous. Mainly because of the needles that I knew would be involved.
I arrived at the hospital at 10:15am and by 11:00am I was out the door. During my 45 minute exam it felt like I went around in a circle a million times.
I was initially seated in a central waiting room and around all sides of it were various doorways leading to different departments. After being handed an exam form I figured out that I had to visit each of these offices.
My first stop was the blood work department. The nurse looked for a vein in my left arm then moved on to my right. Not a good sign. Then after feeling my right arm for what felt like 5 minutes she called in another nurse to feel for a vein. Not a good sign. Then the initially nurse proceeded to stick me after. Not a good sign….or so I thought. I figured the first nurse was being to cautious and her nerves might cause her to botch the job. Thankfully I was wrong. One needle prick and four vials of blood later I walked across the waiting room to the other side of the circle.
Up next was vision testing. I can report that I am not color blind and am pretty certain the nurse said my vision was better than 20/20. Although I am not certain, nor do I know if she understood the term Lasik.
From there it was back to the waiting room and visits to five other departments including: EKG, Weight/Measure, X-Ray, Ultrasound and Dentistry. All of which required me to walk around and around the waiting room as their was no order to the process and you simply went to any open department (one with no line-up).
After visiting each department they marked my exam form with a red stamp. It seems everything that is official here is market with some sort of red seal or stamp.
The results of my exam are supposed to be available on Sept 18. I have a feeling I should pass without issue.
After getting it back I will file an application for a Z visa and a work permit. After these are approved I will have to travel back to the US to submit for a Z visa. Then upon returning to China on a Z visa I will register my work permit. At which point I should be able to stay in China for 12 months with multiple entries. I’m not yet feeling confident in this whole process so would appreciate all you sending good thoughts/wishes/prayers my way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nothing like one stop doctors office wish it was that easy hee in the USA. You will be fine and it will all work out for the good in the end. But it will be nice to have you home in Oct. I NEED A HUG!
From the name of your blog post, i braced myself for a horrific story about doctor visits. But it sounds like it was pretty painless.
Keep us updated on the visa woes. Sean actually just asked me about it this morning.
You mentioned that the visa will let you travel in/out of China for 12 months - does Bobcat want you to stay in China longer?
I'm not sure if Bobcat will want (or ask) me to stay longer. A lot of office politics will be involved with that decision.
From my side I can say I'd be open to staying for a bit longer. I actually thought about two weeks ago... "I could stay longer, past Dec." I was surprised with my thought at first but now I can say it is very true.
Post a Comment