Monday, September 15, 2008

Lazy weekends – in any country – are the best!

This past weekend was extremely low key! Plus there was the added bonus of today (Monday) being a holiday and day off from work.

However, when in China a couple of days can’t go but with at least one or two adventures. I’d say I had seven mini adventures since I last posted. In no particular order they are as follows:

1. New Clothes: Picked up items from Fabric Market. The button down shirt and grey pants were perfect. The black pants are still a bit off, but I’ll make due with a belt. My dress turned out PERFECT. I had to laugh as I stepped behind a yellow curtain, hung in front of a window to try it on (see the window in the pic). But as I say, “when in China….” I’m not sure where I’ll wear it, but I like it. I’ll definitely be getting a more practical little black dress in the future.

http://picasaweb.google.com/esjohnson80/MarketsFabricGifts#

2. More Clothes: Ordered more items from Fabric Market: I have to stop going to the market, I keep ordering more things. This time was a cashmere pea coat and a velvet blazer.

3. Accessories, accessories and more accessories: Bought fake purses for great prices – thanks to the rainy day

4. Delivery Service: Found out how to set-up home delivery from the grocery store.

5. Overcame Fears: I overcame my fear of riding my bike in the rain. Okay, I maintained a white knuckle grip during the whole ride, but I did it! I’d say I’m 90% cured.

6. Making Friends: have a new neighbor – his name is John. Actually, he’s been here awhile but at the gym this weekend we (Pat, John and I) all got talking.

7. Medical Treatment: I’ve been hit by killer headaches for three days straight. Since I am in a foreign country my imagination likes to take things to the extreme. Seriously, I know I won’t need a CAT scan – but what if I do!?! For now, I’ll stick with getting medical advice from my Aunt Kitty*

*FYI – Kitty gave me great advice on my shoulder injury after my bike incident. Per her orders I needed “rest and lots of advil.” She was right; I am FINALLY back to lifting weights without pain.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh my god! I LOVE the dress!!! You look fantastic in it. Great job! After reading the list of all the items you're having made for you - I'm dying of jealousy. Cashmere pea coat?!?! I'm dying.

It sounds like you're having a great time over there!

stephanie said...

that is the greatest dress ever!! i agree, you look awesome in it! It sounds like you are making the best of a wonderful experience and i only hope the best for you.