Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Backdoor Solution

I’ve had issues trying to connect to my bank online since I arrived in China. I have found two options that work 1) I use my neighbors computer 2) I ask work to switch me over to their backup internet connection.

Option 2 basically means that I am operating outside of the Doosan Asia Pacific firewalls. Today I actually had to be switched over to the backup connection in order to send out some work emails (my attachments were too big)

After being switched over I thought to myself “I wonder if I’d have an easier time uploading pictures using this connection.” I tried it and found that it was easier. So I can now say that ALL of my pictures since one week before I left the US until today are up for viewing.

I especially like the ones that confirm a Bobcat worksite in China is much like one in the US. I also like looking back at some of my pre-departure pictures. I miss hanging out with the folks pictured.

Here is the link to my public gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/esjohnson80

No comments: