Tuesday, September 2, 2008

From a Chevy Impala to a Cubicle

I’ll admit that one thing I am struggling with in my new job is getting used to working in an office again.

For the past 1 ½ years my office has been mobile as I traveled 80-90% of my time.

I learned while on the road how to effectively utilize my company car – a Chevy Impala – as an office. I became an expert at finding free wi-fi spots and at hosting conference calls from the side of the road. I had shoes for all occasion packed in my trunk along with a ready supply of snacks, etc.

In comparison I now find myself having to adjust to structured office hours of 8:30-5:30 and life in a cubicle with low walls.

When I was last in an office environment I at least had an office with a door. If I needed privacy or needed to block out the noise I could simply close the door. I now find myself wishing for a good pair of earplugs – or at least some high cubicle walls.


Use this link to see pictures of my office:

http://picasaweb.google.com/esjohnson80/Office

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the size of your office it is smaller then the cells we put the prisoners in at work. They have a bed, toilet and sink, be it all stainless steel, but it is a larger room. Nice pictures on your desk :).