Today I traveled to WuJiang to address the continued issues with my Chinese Visa. Actually, folks from Fragomen law firm and a worker from our factory in WuJiang are out dealing with the issues on my behalf. I basically had to come down here in order to hand my passport over to them and to pretend that I live here.
So, this morning I packed up a few PB&Js along with some oranges and snicker bars and headed out. The ride down was good as I practiced Chinese with our company driver – Mr Chi.
I just checked into my hotel – its actually in Suzhou – and I am in LOVE! First, it’s a huge room with a walk-in closet. Second, there is a great view we are right on the river (I’m assuming it’s a river). Third, there is a bath tub! Oh yes, there will be bubbles later tonight. Rub-a-dub-dub!
Until then, I am a bit worried as two people I hardly know are out somewhere in this town with my passport, 3 pictures of me and various company documents. I’ve had my fingers crossed for the last 20 minutes and will likely keep them like this until my visa extension gets approved – hopefully in 7 days.
I’ll try to take some shots of the city while I am out running tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
seeing as how you're probably one of the only women in China over 5'9", blond and blue-eyed, I'm fairly certain you don't have to worry about them selling your passport on the black market.
and while the whole situation sounds kinda shady (you don't have to be present at the meeting, you're pretending to live there) i get the feeling that all business dealings in china are extremely shady. so, this is just par for the course. your situation is probably 100% normal. :-)
Post a Comment