Friday, August 22, 2008

Beef ….It’s what’s for dinner

I’ve hit a point where aside from craving vegetables I am also craving USDA Certified beef. Thankfully it is easily enough to fulfill this craving in China. Although I’m pretty certain the beef here is not USDA certified.

Last weekend I headed over to Sunil’s house for a BBQ. There was a unique mix of folks, including Expats, and locals in attendance. Our host treated us to his soon to be famous “Sunil Burgers.” How very yummy. One of the more interesting moments was when I showed the local girls how to make vegetable kabobs for the grill.

Aside from burgers, just tonight, I have had a great steak. It was at Roosevelt’s Prime SteakHouse. My neighbor and I headed there to celebrate his 50th Birthday. What a place, I felt like I was walking into the Chicago Chop House. My steak was great. One odd thing is it appears they only cook one side of the steak; the top was well done, the bottom medium…put it together and I guess it makes medium-well. It didn’t top Gibsons as my favorite steak but it’s in my top 10, if not top 5.

Use this link to find pictures of the food/my experiences:
http://picasaweb.google.com/esjohnson80/SunilBurgers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see the habit you thought I had was dorky and are now copying it and taking your own self portraits. Just so you know I am the king of self portraits and don't forget that.