Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wish me luck!

Recall about two months ago when I had issues with my Chinese visa? Well my issues continue. First when in the US I wasn’t able to get a 6 month visa due to the Olympics and changing regulations. I then requested a 3 month visa but was instead issued a two month visa.

As the two month mark is quick approaching I submitted a visa extension request via a third party agency. Well the third party submitted the request to the appropriate government office. As a result of the submission I have been summoned to the immigration office for an interview.

EEEK! For some reason I feel like I have been asked to go to the principal’s office. I think what I am feeling must be similar to what a sixth grader about to get in trouble and have their parents called in for a conference feels. The problem is I was never called to the Principal’s office – at least not for negative reasons.

Perhaps I am freaking out a bit too much. What’s the worst that is going to happen - I have to go home. I’ll cross that bridge if and when it comes.

I still can’t control the butterflies. I’m already trying to put together answers to potential questions. The problem is I have NO IDEA what an immigration official would ask.

Why are you here?
Why do you need to stay longer?
Why couldn’t a Chinese person due what you are doing?
Etc….

AHHHH!

I’ll keep you posted on how it goes – but for now please keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Papa 2 said...

Relax, These are simple questions. Answer's 1. Because you told me to come here. 2. I have not tasted all the food yet. 3. Because you don't have anyone tall enough to do the job. See, simple. Papa 2

Erika said...

Papa 2 - I especially like your #3 answer.....it'll be perfecty true as I look extra tall today due to the heels I am wearing!