This past weekend was eventful, relaxing and painful.
On Saturday, after working out and eating a great breakfast (I haven’t had to cook since Rick got here!), Rick and I made our way down to Figaro Coffee. I had another stack of books to drop off for their book exchange program. It also means less weight in my suitcase as I head back to the US next week.
I enjoyed a great tasting latte and was able to read a few pages in my current book. After some relaxing we headed to Yu’An Gardens to finishing buying gifts for a few different people. Once again, I found myself spoiling my niece and nephew.
By the way, why is it always so much easier to buy for girls than boys?
After dropping a few hundred kuai we headed over to the fabric market to pick up the clothes we ordered last week. With one exception all of our items turned out great. The exception was the suit I had ordered. First the pants where way to tight around my quadriceps and the tailor had forgotten to make my jacket. Either that or he fell asleep while making it. I’m not quite sure as the language barrier made it hard to understand and I couldn’t make complete sense of his hand gestures.
We continued our day with a visit to the pearl/counterfeit market and enjoyed happy hour at Big Bamboo (www.bigbamboo.com.cn). After a few drinks we headed down to Jimmy Moo’s a 50 style dinner that servers good hamburgers and shakes.
Yesterday was all about relaxing and taking it easy. I enjoyed a cup of coffee as I started to pack up my apartment. After a while we headed downstairs to my neighbor Pat’s place where we enjoyed a late breakfast of pancakes and bacon. After this the three of us headed out for massages. To get a massage here is unbelievably cheap 135-220 Rmb ($20-$32). I will be going back at least one more. Our day ended with a great dinner at Papa’s Bierstube and some American TV care of Pat’s Apple TV set-up.
Unfortunately throughout the weekend I was plagued by neck pain. I somehow tweaked it when stretching on Saturday morning. The massage helped a lot but just when I thought I was getting better a wicked headache hit. So yesterday ended with me laying in an extremely dark bedroom with a compress on my head and 800mg of Advil working its way through my system!
Thankfully my Monday is off to a much better start!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi
for everyone who does not know I am in China and having an adventure of a lifetime and doing it with the most special person in my life. Also I am tired of being Erika's personal chef while here, all she does is ask "Rick what are you making me for dinner tonight." then she goes on from there and tells me that I am her personal shlepper while I am here and have to run numerous errands all day for her. But the topper is she says the only reason I am here is to take care of bringing the 40 pieces of luggage she has accumulated to the airport and she said she will not help me on bit. I can't wait to be home where not one thing will change and I will be doing the same thing back in the states as I am doing here.
Post a Comment