I feel like my world is surrounded in red tape. Over the last two weeks I have been diligently working to gather all of the required materials to submit with my visa application. There is a whole laundry list of what I had to get including: medical releases, letter from Chinese government, cover letter from my company, proof of travel arrangements, etc...
Today I went to CIBT to drop my application packet off. CIBT is a company that helps to expedite visa processing. I was SO excited to be done with it and hand the application over to someone else to handle. Unfortunately, when reviewing all of the material CIBT told me that my cover letter was not acceptable as the signature was a scan and not an original.
I called frantically to Deb Hanson - the greatest executive assistant EVER. She technically supports folks a lot higher up in Bobcat than me. However, earlier in the month at the request of one of these individuals she reached out to offer help with the visa application process.
So at 4:00 in the afternoon she quickly calmed my nerves, re-worked the letter and had a different Vice President sign it so that she could overnight an original to me in Chicago.
I swear it is now 4:40 and my heart is still racing with nervous energy. I just want this process to be done! I don't think the reality of this change will truly sink in until I have a visa in hand and am driving to the airport.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment