This past weekend was spent in a flurry of activity. It all surrounded creating a packing list and identifying what I had to purchase prior to my departure.
I dropped an obscene amount of money at Target. As my sister works at their HQ I view it simply as supporting her work. My cart was close to over flowing with all of the health and beauty supplies I purchased. After that I headed out to get a few pieces of clothing and shoes.
In the cultural training I had early this week I had been politely told that there was no chance I'd find anything in my size in China. I almost had to laugh over how my instructor struggled to find a way to express this in a PC manner. I told her I wasn't expecting to find many local women over 5'9 that wear a size 14/16 in clothes and a size nine shoe. Perhaps I'll stumble on a few expats that meet this description.
For most of the weekend it felt like my living room was littered with shopping bags. I spent some time last night trying to control the chaos. I unearthed the suitcases I haven't used since college and my 6 months in Russia. After dusting them off I started to load them up with items I will not need over the next week and a half.
As I look at the piles today I'd say I have it down to a dull roar in my condo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
6 months in Russia. 6 months in China. What's up with all of the time spent in Communist countries? (yes, I realize Russia was no longer under communist rule when you lived there - but still). Are you secretly part of the "I heart Stalin" fan club?
Post a Comment