This past week Rick and I traveled to Galena, IL. We stayed at a great B&B (Farmers Guesthouse). It was all about relaxing and enjoying time with one another. The last few weeks have been stressful with Rick moving in and me working to pull together the lose ends before departing for China.
In Galena we spent time trekking through the local stops, taking a trolley tour, and visiting the local winery. We came home with some great memories....and 8 bottles of wine.
From Galena we headed north to Minnesota so I could see some of my family before departing to China. As always my sister and brother-in-law were great hosts. I enjoyed time lounging in the recently redone backyard. I also got a few laughs playing catch with my nephew. He like to change the rules on you mid-way through the game. For example: "No, Erika we aren't counting strikes this time."
Today the real world came back at me full force. I have a long list of items to be done prior to my July 3 departure. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Erika forgot to mention that our last night in Galena we drank five bottles of wine and a bunch of Martini's. we then closed a bar at 1am then got up at 7am to go to Minnesota. As we left I asked her to stay awake for a while but she proceeded to pass out for the next 4 hours. GREAT CO-PIOLT SHE WAS. I came to find out from her dad that it is a trait of the Johnson girls to fall asleep as the car is leaving for a road trip and wake up when the trip is over.
Rick
Post a Comment