This week I feel in love with Waga’s a café that is about 2.5 blocks from my apartment. It’s an odd mix of a place. It is part Coffee shop/internet café/smoothie bar/restaurant.
I think I’ve spent 10 hrs there in the past week. It’s a good place to sit and hangout with a book, a stack of magazines or your laptop. I was especially happy to find that it has free Wi-Fi and that I can get on to my bank’s website.
During the week I’ve tried their pasta (yummy good) carrot cake (good) and powerhouse smoothie (great). I especially like the smoothie as they add whey protein powder to it and it has a bunch of fruit. All of which are good things for someone who is trying to lose a few pounds and train for a marathon.
They also have take away available. Today I grabbed a smoothie from them as I headed off to the fabric market.
I had another unique experience at the market. I had previously brought the tailor a pair of pants and said “copy.” They understood that I needed to have the waist made smaller; however they did not make the needed adjustments throughout the rest of the pants. They didn’t make any adjustments to the butt or the hips. I looked like I was wearing MC Hammer pants. The same tailor made a pair from scratch for me. These also were a bit comical as I could barely get them up over my quadriceps. The tailor actually laughed when I came out of the changing area.
Oh well, I’ll head back in a few weeks to pick up the adjusted pants – hopefully they are better.
(Special Note to my China neighbor: The tailor asked about you, I reminded them that you are in “Mei Guo” – USA. Thought you’d like to know they didn’t forget you.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment