Take a moment and imagine a scene from the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. You know the segment where they head outside and ask random people on the streets questions that are so obvious you should definetly get them right. However, there is inevitably someone who struggles and doesn't come up with an answer.
I think I'd be able to do okay with most of the questions he asks. I know the capitol of the US. I know how many Senators represent each state in Congress. I know that Canada is our neighbor to the north and that Mexico is to the south.....get the idea, my common knowledge is good, or so I thought.
Yesterday I actually had to use Google to find the answer to a simple question. The question was "Where in Shanghai located?" I wonder if anyone reading this knows the answer. Forget about stating the obvious like "Duh Erika - its in China." That answer I knew without Google's help - but where in China, its a pretty big country! I found a map that helps to put it in perspective (see picture at right)
The location has become important as I have agreed to take a short term (6 month) assignment with Bobcat in Shanghai, China. I can gaurantee that my coming posts will focus on the relocation process and my initial adventures in Shanghai.
No comments:
Post a Comment