Friday, May 23, 2008

5 Needles and more to come...

In college I traveled to Russia for 6 months. All of my memories of that time are wonderful. I don't remember any of the bad moments, or low points. Well, maybe I remember them, but I don't actively call them out of the depths of my mind for review. Yesterday though one of my bad memories from Russia came rushing back. Actually it was more like of a sense of deja-vu.

See, yesterday I had to see my physician so he could clear me to go to China. It was all very like the appointment I had before I went to Russia. They weight, take your blood pressure, draw some blood, etc...

The unfortunate thing is I forgot how many needles were involved in these screenings. Yesterday they used 5 needles - it took them three tries to get a vein from which to draw blood. These three "sticks" were then followed up by another 2 vaccination shots.

The unfortunate thing is I know there are more needles to come as I have to take a TB test next week. Also, the nurse warned me that they may not have gotten enough blood so they may have to take more when they do the TB test. UGH!!!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

woo-hoo! i can't wait to read about all of your adventures in Shanghai. Remember to post lots of pictures, too. i'm very jealous of all the awesome eating adventures that await you in china.