Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Back in the USSR…

...Scratch that. I meant to say Back in China.

Yep, I am back in Shanghai. I got back on Saturday evening after a never-ending flight that started in Fargo and included stops in Minneapolis and Tokyo.

My two weeks back home flew by. I simply had a great time in the US, highlights included:

1. Having dinner and drinks with friends….multiple times.
2. Spending way too much money shopping in Chicago. Gotta love the cost of running shoes.
3. Driving. Driving. Driving.
4. Physical Therapy on my shoulder. For those of you wondering, I’m still fighting my bike accident injury so per my physician’s recommendation I squeezed in a few sessions of PT. Thankfully it’s not my rotator cuff
5. Working out at Fitness Formula Club with my trainer. Thanks Martin for kicking my butt!
6. Having my brother-in-law Bud cook dinner and lunch for me (and my family). Yummy Philly Cheese Steaks and Chicken Wings. Bonus: hearing my nephew say “I love meat, I’m carnivore!”
7. Spoiling Cori and Cooper with lots of gifts. I think the big winners were the most inexpensive; chopsticks and the loose change (the equivalent of nickels, dimes, and quarters) that I gave them.
8. Catching up with all my friends in Bismarck/Fargo
9. Looking at homes in Fargo. Man can you get a lot of house compared to Chicago.
10. Working to figure out where I will land next with Bobcat (more on that soon)

I have just shy of a month left in China. I return to the US on December 14. I know that the remaining time will fly by as I’ll be working to wrap up my projects at work, hosting Rick in Shanghai, traveling to Beijing and Xian and finalizing my next assignment details.

This week my main objective is simply to get over my jet lag. I didn’t have much issue with it going back to the US. Coming to China appears to be a different story.

No comments: