Thursday, January 8, 2009

Home Sweet Air Mattress!

I made the move to Fargo this past weekend. I have a limited amount of stuff at my house and have tried to make do with what I have on hand. At times it has required me to get inventive. For example:

Used a noodle to light a candle –had to get rid of the new carpet smell
Taken a shower with no shower curtain ---required me to use all of the towels I brought with
Turned a rubber storage tote into a media center
Made a camp chair into an arm chair
Use Kleenex as my dinner napkins
Made a fortress like structure of my clothes – they are pilled strategically around my bedroom due to lacking dressers

At times I simply have broken down and bought a few items. For example:


Bedside lamp – trust me stumbling around in a new apartment in the dark is not fun
Ice cube trays
Tupperware

Best of all though I have been spending my nights curled up on a Coleman air mattress. It is my home sweet home. I have to say though it is a well dressed air mattress as I broke out my silk quilt from China.

No comments: