Sunday, February 20, 2011

Tough Choices

This past week and a half has been extremely challenging on both a professional and personal level. As a result I have slipped back into old habits which include opting for a hamburger and fries instead of a salad and having chocolate cake instead of fruit for an evening snack.

I am not sure why I have turned to eating. I think I am hoping that it will offer me comfort as I struggle through some tough weeks ahead and the need to evaluate which choices I should make.

I realize that this may all sound a bit cryptic. Let me state it another way. I am at a crossroads and I need to determine which fork in the road to travel down. But I am afraid of making a decision as I worry that I might opt to take the wrong path.

So I am delaying the decision making process and filling my time with food.

I need to hit the reset button, and I need to do it SOON! I had been doing so good. I was down close to 7lbs since early Jan. I fear that I have put it all back on.

Perhaps I should use my recent action as an input into my decision making process. Obviously my mental and physical health is being chal.enged and I am slipping back into old ways. I need to consider taking the path that will prevent this from going on.

No comments: