Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Going Public

255-180-165-200-190-220-180-230-200-200+


The numbers above unfortunately do not reflect a complex combination or a set of winning lottery numbers. They represent my weight over the past 5 years. It’s a sad depressing realization that I recognize over the past two years I have gained a lot of weight. I moved to Fargo and was 180 pounds; I am now well over 200 pounds. I have excuses but now is not the time for those.


So I am one of the many American’s that resolved to lose weight and get back in shape this New Year. I’d caution though that this is not a resolution made on the spur of the moment. I have been thinking about it during the entire holiday season – since Thanksgiving. . Christmas is my favorite holiday; and although there were some bright moments during my Christmas week this year was one of my least favorite.


Over these past months I have sincerely struggled to enjoy the basic things in life. My weight has overshadowed every thought and action I have had. But still I haven’t been able to put my feet to the pavement nor have I put the fork down!


I have many blessings in my life but during the past few months it’s been hard to even recognize them due to the mindset I have been in


This cannot continue. It will not continue.


I have to admit that I had hoped to hit the ground running on Monday, January 3 when I planned to be back in Fargo after my holiday vacation. Unfortunately on New Year’s Eve I was hit with a cold/fever combination that I have been battling ever since. I even had to delay my return to Fargo by a day. I know….another excuse.


I am focused on not letting this cold get me off tract.


That all said I need to go public with my goals.


So here is my plan of attack (some of which I have already done).

· Committed to Weight Watchers

o I began tracking my food today

· Will be meeting with my trainer Shannon on Thursday to lift weights

· Will be meeting with my trainer Molly on Saturday to lift weights

· I plan to get at least three cardio workouts in between Wednesday and Sunday

o The cough my limit my pace but I will get them done!


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

i'm admire your bravery and candor at making your weight loss public. i know that you'll meet your goal - as long as i've known you, you've met every goal you've ever set for yourself. good luck! and i'll reading this for tips for when my weight loss starts after the bambinos are born.